Tuesday, August 7, 2007

3 WIPs and a big FO

So since my last post, stuff happened. Nothing bad. Just stuff. And "bad" is relative and a term too black-and-white for my liking; some thing or event that at the time one doesn't appreciate may become a transformational and ultimately growth-inducing experience. But as my mom used to say, it's not worth it to try to convince yourself that shit smells like lavender.

But there's no shit here.

Just in the endoscope disinfection rooms at work.

ANYWAY, what the hell am I talking about? I got on a roll for a minute there. Back to earth.

Okay. So last week, my darling scampered off to do some business stuff and visit old friends and I had four nights five days of time "to myself" (not that anyone was counting). Some thoughts managed to steep during that time and I began to wonder if maybe I don't want to go back to school next year. Maybe I want another year off. Time is flying by. It's August, for Chrissake. It was May 12th, like, yesterday.

And so as my mind worked over the pros and cons and ins and outs (finally I'm at a point where I can just sit with the question), I found myself craving a particular LYS of mine (my L is big!) and to spend some quality time groping yarns.

I found a new friend!!! (More pictures will be taken in the hopes of revealing the true, deep, outstanding color of this yarn. But not tonight.)


So the Clap and the toe-up sock have been sitting patiently in my knitting basket, waiting for me to feel ready to take on something unfamiliar again. With this lovely (and thin!--those are 00 at least) stuff, I'm working a sock based on Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks patterns--the other two pairs of socks I've done have also been with the guidance of this fabulous knitter and it's something I'm confident in my ability to complete. Because I've done it before.


That cuddlebuddy of mine, upon learning of my yarn purchase and project plan, very astutely noted that this had absolutely nothing to do with my recent life thoughts. None whatsoever. Of course not. Ha.


All that said, I love my new project. Bright green yarn on bright blue needles!! Even if they are aluminum and I live in fear of having my damn knitting slide right off!! Whoooo!

AND
and
and
and

one big FO to report.

I did something tonight that I have never done before.

I ran an entire 5K WITHOUT STOPPING!! No walking, no debilitating shin splints, no mental blocks or heat exhaustion. Just trotting. That's never happened before. I am soooo excited.

It's possible!!! I was the kid in grade school, middle school, high school who couldn't do the mile. And now I'm running 3. I'm really pleased. Bodies are so cool.

No comments: