
Hooray!

Pattern: Bauble
Beads: lots of pretty ones, duh
Needles: 2 US #5 dpns
Gave it to my mom for her 50th on Saturday, and she loves it. The pictures are from the drive to Fargo, where my entire family had gathered for the wedding of a cousin of mine. It suits her perfectly--but do you think I managed to get an action shot of the completely grafted (only took three tries...) bracelet, sported by the birthday girl?
I'll have her send me one.
This was a quick, very gratifying project. I walked into a great bead store and, after looking around for a while, started asking questions. Choosing a color scheme was not difficult--choosing only one scheme for only one Bauble was, however. I have a feeling that I'm going to be making more.
Mmmm, beads.
I even enjoyed the stringing.
No significant progress to speak of on the Clapotis--I'll admit I decided to frog the first few rows I'd completed in favor of casting on a second time so as to actually count rows and follow the pattern. For some reason, I count using a pencil and small pad of paper for tally marks. I've used a number of different row counting tools, and this seems to be the one I like the best.
And look what I found in Fargo!

My cuddlebuddy and I walked the street of downtown (ha) and discovered Boucle Yarn Studio... I gasped. "Okay, let's go," he said. He groped some yarn with me as the yarn ladies doted on him a moment, showing off their great selection of soy, bamboo, and corn fibers. He lost interest as I dove into a pile of sock yarn and planted himself in a comfy chair in the back. A large bowl of yarn sat before him on a low coffee table.

I put down each skein of sock yarn I picked up--mostly Trekking and Tofutsies--to look for something I hadn't seen before. And, well, that wasn't too hard, considering the fact that during a visit to my LYS, I mostly do go straight for the sock yarn and stop there.

I padded to the back of the store to see what treasures were hiding, and found my boyfriend asleep on a chair with this chunkyass hand-dyed cradled in his lap. He started as I approached and handed me the yarn.
Yup.
That's a keeper.
1 comment:
When did Boucle open?? I drove past just last week and it still had the "Opening Soon" signs on it.
Post a Comment