Tuesday, January 29, 2008

gearing up

I just got out my whiteboard. the big one my mom's beau gave me for my birthday in 2006. at the top, in big precise letters, I wrote "ACTION PLAN 2008."

pattern: spindle stitch pattern, toe-up with figure 8 cast-on and short row heel
source: charlene schurch's more sensational knitted socks
yarn: louet gems sport weight, 1 skein of 'sage'
needles: size 2 (2.75 mm)

it's cold as hell here tonight. the high, I heard, is -15.

I think I'm embarking on a period of both transition and celebration. in february, I: transfer within my current company to a more fitting position, celebrate the first birthday of an incredible relationship with an incredible man, continue the process of moving in with him, and, hopefully, interviewing for a nursing program for which I've applied.

it's freezing now, but it can only heat up.

pattern: swirl socks by sulafaye
yarn: BFA socks that rock mediumweight, chapman springs colorway
needles: size 2 (2.75 mm)
current project for bummin' around (and sitting in lecture)

and I have knitting. oh boy. I even managed to knock out a pair of socks (ankle, at least) for my size 13 foot beloved.

pattern: generic toe-up with figure 8 cast-on and short row heel, 2x2 rib cuff
yarn: regia crazy color 6-ply, 2 skeins
needles: size 3 (3.25 mm)

it's an interesting time, to be sure. I'm a lucky girl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! I am Inés from Abuelita Yarns Company. I loved your socks!! The colors and patterns were great!
We are a uruguayan brand which sells yarns. If you want to know more about us please enter www.abuelitayarns.com or if you wish to see our articles and pictures enter www.abuelitayarns.com/blog/
Good luck! :D