Time flies!!!
I moved. Set up shop and discovered that no, apartments don't come together in a week or less... I couldn't decide if having an unfinished apartment or never spending any time in it in order to find all the missing pieces would stress me out more. I plowed ahead with the latter, survived, and now here I sit in my lovely second-story perch. Finally relaxed, but with little in the way of knitting content to share. For an entire month.
Though my baybee and I did make it to the zoo (his idea--aww). Dear lord. Everything was horny. And I, the perennial 12-year-old boy-at-heart, snapped this:
That sort of claim requires proof, no? The monkeys were at it, too, but that was early in our visit and I was feeling silly. But obviously, so were the otters:
The look on that little guy's face! He totally fell asleep, too.
Whew. I totally just posted those on my blog.
So...
I've been working on the second sock over lunches (the ones that haven't involved a trip to Target or Home Depot, that is) and have a few rows to tink back--gusset silliness. Maybe I'll start playing with cast-ons for toe-up socks so I feel like I'm actually making progress.
But there's been soooo much!! I can't believe it--I moved in a month ago; before that, graduation, before that, exams. Seems like a completely different life. I'm plugged in here already. Work is serving its purpose, and allowed me to afford this:
A pretty, simple desk from Target. A pretty simple desk. I was just that proud of myself for putting it together. With some cords, a wastebasket, and a zabuton for good measure.
But the knitting!!!! is stalled right here:
It happens. Breaking news: I've just decided that it might be OK to have multiple sock projects going at once.
Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment