Started new job: check.
Finished socks: check.
Spring Semester Socks
Garter rib socks from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks
64 st
Plymouth Sockotta, Colorway 5616 (sad, no fun name)
US 2 (2.75 mm), 4 dpns
Started: early January
Finished: May 6, 2007
Garter rib socks from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks
64 st
Plymouth Sockotta, Colorway 5616 (sad, no fun name)
US 2 (2.75 mm), 4 dpns
Started: early January
Finished: May 6, 2007
Hurrah!!
I finished these socks and my senior capstone paper almost instantaneously. I went straight from my prof's office to the LYS upon turning in of said paper. And I got this (2 of them, actually):

Claudia Handpainted Yarns, Red Wagon colorway. Fingering weight merino. 172 yds a skein--I bought 2. Already finished one sock of the pair:

(I have higher standards for my pictures, but I couldn't wait.) I knit that thing over, like, two days. I finished my academic work and set in to knitting. Kept me sane as my housemates were all, "what do I do with myself?!" The second sock is well on its way. Again, a pattern from SKS. I have a toe-up method next on my sock knitting curriculum, and then I'll get my stripes in.
I've transitioned into the no-homework lifestyle soooo easily. It's the 8 AM start to the workday and 20-minute commute that I'm still getting used to. Totally worth it, though; my job is just what the doctor ordered. Receptionist at a number of clinics in the area (I float). No homework. 8-4:30. Good life. Time to let the dust settle before the career-oriented Next Step, whatever that may be. Until then I'm the perky girl who gets you checked in when you go in for your colonoscopy.
Yup.
I finished these socks and my senior capstone paper almost instantaneously. I went straight from my prof's office to the LYS upon turning in of said paper. And I got this (2 of them, actually):
Claudia Handpainted Yarns, Red Wagon colorway. Fingering weight merino. 172 yds a skein--I bought 2. Already finished one sock of the pair:
(I have higher standards for my pictures, but I couldn't wait.) I knit that thing over, like, two days. I finished my academic work and set in to knitting. Kept me sane as my housemates were all, "what do I do with myself?!" The second sock is well on its way. Again, a pattern from SKS. I have a toe-up method next on my sock knitting curriculum, and then I'll get my stripes in.
I've transitioned into the no-homework lifestyle soooo easily. It's the 8 AM start to the workday and 20-minute commute that I'm still getting used to. Totally worth it, though; my job is just what the doctor ordered. Receptionist at a number of clinics in the area (I float). No homework. 8-4:30. Good life. Time to let the dust settle before the career-oriented Next Step, whatever that may be. Until then I'm the perky girl who gets you checked in when you go in for your colonoscopy.
Yup.
1 comment:
Beautiful job on your first pair of toe-ups!
Post a Comment