And polka dots. And skipping Easter mass to sleep in and prepare for brunch with the whole fam damily. This was all one week ago--and my god has time flown. When my little computer countdown to graduation dipped below 30 days, I flipped shit and deleted it. Ahhh. So the blogging has been sparse as hell--not the way I wanted to start a blog, but apparently I'm supposed to finish this big paper (I'm taking a break!) and find a job and an apartment, like, soon. Oh, May 12...
But last weekend was Easter and I made it home for the occasion. And the food.
I showed my grandmother The Sock. I'm getting a lot of milage off that sucker, I know. This woman, though, has made slippers for the entire family and embroiders pillowcases and does all this domestic crap but insists that cables and heel-turning are beyond her. Whatever. Anyway, she was proud. See?

And then I finished this little guy I'd started earlier, inspired by this squiggly post on craftster. Meet Studly the octopus:

Studly is made out of some crap acrylic I got at Joann's, like, a year or two ago before I knew the glory of the LYS and squishy natural yarns. Mmmm. I followed the pattern, more or less, offered by our craftster buddy, but I made the legs thicker and stuffed them with polyfill as well. Also learned that it's a good thing I'm not headed to med school after all: those legs look pretttty ridiculous where they're sewn onto the body--I should never be allowed to try to reattach someone's finger.
Hmm.
Anyway, there's Studly! And that was my Easter weekend of knitting.
Almost.
I started this thing for my hair--that picture above reveals its short curly goodness and also its "I'm growing it out!" mullet. Gotta have some scarves to distract from the growing-out mullet.
Okay. There's more. But it's time to do paper. Incentive = fiber daydreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment